We’re bringing together people and organisations focused on integrating education for sustainability into all facets of young children’s lives in South Australia.
Valuing children’s awe and wonder of the natural world underpins our desire to to walk softly on the Earth and live in harmony at a local and global level. We’re bringing together people and organisations focused on integrating education for sustainability into all facets of young children’s lives in South Australia.
What we do
Early Education for Sustainability SA
- acts as advocates for early childhood environmental education in SA
- assists with the planning and promotion of early childhood education for sustainability
- strengthens and extends consultation and networking in the field of early childhood education for sustainability
- provides early childhood education for sustainability advice on policies and legislation affecting young children in SA
- accesses and researches data and resources on early childhood education for sustainability, making these available to the community
- provides a forum where issues of concern to members can be raised and addressed by the network
- accesses funding to further the objectives of the network.
EESSA is a member of the National Alliance for Early Childhood organisations supporting Education for Sustainability in Education and Care Services across Australia.
Australia-Aotearoa Alliance for Early Childhood Education for Sustainability (The Alliance)
EESSA is a part of The Alliance which brings together the Early Childhood Education for Sustainability (ECEfS) networks across Australia and Aotearoa as a strong and united voice to further build capacity in ECEfS. This alliance solidifies the importance of early childhood education in the transformative change critical for global sustainability and reaffirms the leading role of Australasia in international ECEfS research and practice.